In today’s world, hacking is normal stuff for everyone. So, it is important to protect your smartphones and computers from the attack of hackers. If you are storing any potential data about your company or business, then it is much important and sensitive to save your data from stealers attack. In this article, I will discuss some methods through which you can make your windows operating system secured. Currently, we are using Windows 8 in our laptops and systems so I will focus on the security and privacy settings related to Windows 8.
In windows 8, there are many apps through which your personal data is being used online. This will be a big disadvantage for you if some crucial data details shared with the net. But, hey hang on!! Its Windows Operating system developed by Microsoft. The company has reputation in the market and are among the best companies in field of IT. So, there is no need to worry about your personal data, because there is built-in features in Windows 8 which can be pretty handy to make your data private and secure.
Now, let’s discuss some steps through which you can easily change your Windows 8 privacy settings.
- The first step is to click on the Start button present on the bottom side of the right corner of your screen. You can also press windows key from keyboard to open that menu.
- In the start menu, you will see a search bar. Type change pc settings in the search box and hit enter. You will see the windows setting menu will be opened from which you can change your windows privacy settings.
- From the settings menu, just click on the Change Pc settings. This process will result the display of a pop-up window which will include different options like users, notifications, share, privacy, general etc. From all these different options you have to choose privacy.
- Now, in the privacy settings you will have three different options to choose from. I will describe each option with its meaning.
- Let Apps Use My Location
As the name reveals that through this option you can allow any application to access your location. Different social media apps like Facebook and twitter can use your location if you have not switched off this option. But, if you don’t want to share your location with friends and other colleagues, then you can switch it off.
- Let Apps Use My Name & Account Picture
This option will allow applications to use your name and your personal account picture. If you don’t want to expose your identity then you can restrict the availability through this option.
- Help Improve Windows Store
This option will increase the capacity of the windows operating system store by sending the URLs of the apps used.
- Now, it’s up to you. You can select any of these options mentioned above. You can change the settings by turning any feature on or off according to your preference. If you want to have high level of security in your windows operating system, then you can slide all the sliders for different options to right side. This will make your operating system secured completely.