The news really hit the ground when Motorola announced release of its few devices. But the more excitement was created when People got to know that these devices won’t only contain android latest version 5.0 Lollipop but also most of them would be wearables.
Talking to officials, Motorola representative also confirmed that up-till yet Android 5.0 has not been released but it is upgradable to following Motorola devices;
- Moto X (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
- Moto G (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
- Moto G with 4G LTE
- Moto E
- Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini
Although, Motorola jumped into Smartphone market, still it failed to grab enough market share due to following reasons;
Motorola missed the opportunity to go with 3G:
Although, it is acceptable to see that Motorola adopted what its biggest customer wanted, U.S. Wireless carriers but it failed to consider the needs of customers’ of customer.
Motorola was a dull company in Today’s Digital Age:
Yes, Motorola failed to work on the customer’s feedback, Where Apple, Samsung and HTC are driving hard the market, Motorola failed to even copy their designs properly.
Motorola’s split in two Story:
Today, Motorola split into two because of the reason that it focused only on the hardware where the customers now demand better software, more reliability, stability and good visuals. End of the story. After the introduction of slim Phones and better battery life, people don’t care if the new RAZR is 1mm thinner than the previous model. Customers have already lost focus in these areas as the mindset has now diverted towards software solutions instead.
What is behind the Scene Story!!
The story would be changed completely today if Motorola has not lost focus on their main business line i.e. EZX line. If they had worked on it in a better way and had open sourced everything like Google Play store, Motorola had at least a TWO year head start in EZX development compared to Symbian v3, UIQ v3, and the iPhone. Motorola could really been a big market player in Smart Phone market if not beating Apple and Samsung at least turning similar revenues as them.
Reasons behind downfall of Motorola:
- The main reasons behind the downfall of Motorola is bad decision making and Poor Senior management. The Management team must has to do SWOT analysis before moving or detaching from any business line which unfortunately Motorola’s one failed to do it properly.
- Secondly, I would say the reason behind Motorola lagging behind is its slow speed and almost no urgency to innovate. When you are in mature market where there is hard core competition constantly, you cannot just simply reply on Past successes.
- Last but not the least is Motorola’s poor security system. We live in a world of constant hacking attacks and malware attempts, And people of today’s age gives most priority to their cellphone among other gadgets. So, in a world of instant communication and security threats where Motorola failed to provide better security system put the last nail in the coffin removing completely this big Giant out of business badly!!
We can prospect good future for Motorola, but up-till yet they need to change Decision making policies, bring a thorough cultural modification and show some innovation in their product range. The markets are un-predictable, where Blackberry is the best example in front of us, So if Motorola follows these guidelines properly, it can surely be back in business again!